The Sub-Division is divided into Mandals. Kakinada District Consists of 21 as per G.O. Ms. No. 180, Revenue (Lands-IV), dated 2nd April, 2022. Mandal is headed by Tahsildar.
The MRO is vested with the same powers and functions of Tahsildars of erstwhile Taluks including magisterial powers. Mandal Revenue Officer heads the Mandal Revenue Office. MRO provides the interface between the government and public within his jurisdiction. He initiates welfare measures within his jurisdiction. The MRO assists the higher authorities in collecting information and conducting inquiries. He provides feedback to the district administration that helps in decision-making at higher levels of administration.
The Deputy Tahsildar/Superintendent, Mandal Revenue Inspector, Superintendent, Mandal Surveyor, Assistant Statistical Officer and Other Ministerial Staff. The Deputy Tahsildar/ Superintendent supervises the day today functions of MRO’s office and deals mainly with general administration. Most of the files are routed through him. He monitors all the sections in the MRO’s office.
The (Mandal Revenue Inspector) MRI assists the MRO in conducting inquiries and inspections. He supervises the Village Secretaries. He inspects crop fields (Azmoish), writes Sharas (field inspection details) in Pahani, collects land revenue, non-agricultural land assessment and other dues and keeps close watch on the villages within his jurisdiction to maintain law and order.
The Assistant Statistical Officer (ASO), who is under the overall control of Chief Planning Officer at the District and Directorate of Economics and Statistics at the State Level, maintains data related to rainfall, crops and population. He conducts crop estimate tests. He inspects crops to submit crop condition details. He prepares periodical reports on births and deaths and assists the MRO in conduct of livestock census, population census and other surveys taken up by the government from time to time. MRO sends reports on above items to the District collector. Later these are sent to the department of economics and statistics and planning department at government level.
The Mandal Surveyor, who belongs to the Survey Settlement and Land Records Department, assists the MRO in survey operations. Chain Man assists Mandal Surveyor in his duties.
As per the administrative reforms the various sections in the Tahsildar Office are
- Land Matters Section (Land) :
- Land administration, Alienation, Assignment, House Sites, Prohibited properties maintenance U/s 22-A of Registration Act, Fisheries and other land related subjects.
- Settlement regulations under various laws viz., Estate Abolition Act, 1948, Inam Abolition Act, All Court Cases and Suit Matters, Forest Settlement Act.
- Land Acquisition General and SWLA, R&R issues and all matters relating to Land Acquisition issues.
- Magisterial Section (Magl) :
- Magisterial, Cinematography, Caste Verification, Fire and safety, Law & Order, SC-ST Atrocity cases and other related issues.
- Lokayukta, H.R.C. and N.H.R.C., cases and other Statutory body related issues including RTI Act.
- Coordination Section (ROR, Relief, Protocol, Elections, Residurary matters) : (Coordn) :
- Natural Calamities, Water Tax, NALA, Resurvey Activities, Webland issues, ROR, Computerization of land records, e-goverance and other related issues.
- All Elections issues including Electoral Registration activities, Protocol, All Grievances issues including Spandana, CMP and other related and miscellaneous subjects which are not alloted to any other sections.
|Division Name||S.No||Mandal Name||Designation||Mobile Number|